Sunday, January 12, 2014

My old favorite camera strap

I bought this strap about 14 years ago, to have a padded strap for my film cameras that I was using on long day-hikes in the Santa Cruz mountains.  It was far more comfortable than the stiff woven ones that were contemporary with the camera(s) (an 80s Sears-branded pentax and a 70's(?) Yashica).

When we bought the D50 8 years ago, I immediately moved this strap to it, as it's far better than the strap that came with the camera.

It's a simple strap, but a design that I highly recommend as a replacement for the stock straps that come with cameras.





This exact strap doesn't appear to be available any longer, but a very similar one with quick releases is currently available.  I'm not sure how I feel about the plastic quick releases on the new version.

No comments:

Post a Comment